On Sunday, March 15th, 2015, the Sonoma County Environmental Center awarded Kimberly Burr and Larry Hanson “Volunteer of the year”. They have helped with Coastwalk for the last ten years, as Chuckwagon wrangler, Day hike leader, and Hostess. including Del Norte in 2013, Mendonoma, and the Classic Mendocino Walks. Their early commitment help me to put together some Great Walks. Now they will be helping us to build 2.2 miles of new trail this August in Usal as Crew Leaders and Hostess. They really got their award for their work with Forest Unlimited, River Watch and the Greenwood Creek habitat restoration project. Larry reads every timber harvest plan submitted to Cal Fire and has gotten some cancelled and some reworked. Kimberly is an environmental Lawyer, sits on a local water board and is very active with the State water Board. She just won a judgement in Oakland court protecting a local Geologist licence. Both are Great examples of the kind of local environmental leadership we see on Coastwalks.
- Work starts on world’s longest coastal walking route
- California Coastal Cleanup Day coming Saturday, needs volunteers in Sonoma County
- Highway 1 no longer in danger of falling into the sea at Piedras Blancas
- Martins Beach: Key vote could force billionaire Vinod Khosla to sell public route to beach he closed
- A tech billionaire blocked public beach access. A court just forced him to open it up.