To ensure the right of all people to reach and responsibly enjoy the California coast. We are a California–wide non–profit volunteer driven organization that advocates for public access to our coast via the California Coastal Trail and offers educational & fun Coastal Trail guided hiking and camping adventures.
A well-stewarded California coast, highly prized as an irreplaceable commons, open for responsible use to all.
What We Do
- Work for the completion of the California Coastal Trail.
- Expand awareness of and use of the California Coastal Trail
- Promote sustainable tourism and economic development related to the CCT
- Help CCT owner/managers (usually local government) with information, mapping and support so they can be successful in funding, completing, managing and promoting their trail segment
- Link together coastal NGOs and the public
- Work closely with the State Coastal Conservancy to implement State policy and programs related to the CCT
- Provide public information about the CCT including podcasts, videos, maps, websites and more.
- Provide opportunities for underserved/underrepresented communities to experience the California Coastal Trail.
- Educate the public about our fragile coastline and ocean resources.
- Help ensure public access to the coast.
- Advocate for Coastal protection.
- Offer multi-day educational coastal hiking adventures.
- Encourage all kinds of people to get outside and enjoy our coast – hikers, bikers, skaters, walkers, equestrians – old, young and in between – people from every community and all walks of life.