On Sunday, March 15th, 2015, the Sonoma County Environmental Center awarded Kimberly Burr and Larry Hanson “Volunteer of the year”. They have helped with Coastwalk for the last ten years, as Chuckwagon wrangler, Day hike leader, and Hostess. including Del Norte in 2013, Mendonoma, and the Classic Mendocino Walks. Their early commitment help me to put together some Great Walks. Now they will be helping us to build 2.2 miles of new trail this August in Usal as Crew Leaders and Hostess. They really got their award for their work with Forest Unlimited, River Watch and the Greenwood Creek habitat restoration project. Larry reads every timber harvest plan submitted to Cal Fire and has gotten some cancelled and some reworked. Kimberly is an environmental Lawyer, sits on a local water board and is very active with the State water Board. She just won a judgement in Oakland court protecting a local Geologist licence. Both are Great examples of the kind of local environmental leadership we see on Coastwalks.
- Court issues new ruling regarding Hollister Ranch, paving way for public access to the area’s beaches
- Action Alert!! Please Share Widely! The HOLLISTER RANCH COASTAL ACCESS PROGRAM (HRCAP) will be reviewed on THURSDAY, Nov. 18, 2021 by the CALIFORNIA COASTAL COMMISSION!
- COVID-19’s Climate Impact and the Repercussions We Must Face
- Action Alert!! Please Share Widely! The HOLLISTER RANCH COASTAL ACCESS PROGRAM (HRCAP) will be reviewed on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2021 by the CALIFORNIA COASTAL COMMISSION!
- Thank-You Coastal Cleanup Day Volunteers & Participants